best crossover gps

sombra42

so for those who want one unit for auto and caching which one would you recomend and why?

Navman iCN750 $450

Magellan Crossover $450 - $500

Quest 2 $250-350

price not so much an issue. is the battery life on the Navman really bad? (2-4 hours), love the camera feature.

i think they all come with window mount, 12v, voice, autorouting (gotta haves for me)

so for those who want one unit for auto and caching which one would you recomend and why?

Navman iCN750 $450

Magellan Crossover $450 - $500

Quest 2 $250-35r me)

If handheld use is a major concern then I'd go with the Quest (either 1 or 2) over the other two. It has the best battery life (20 hrs.), waterproofness (IPX-7 - submersible), and is the lightest/smallest for easy carrying. It works fine for geocaching.

The small screen size is a slight negative for in-vehicle use and it doesn't support text-to-speech so it'll just announce "Turn right in 300 feet" rather than "Turn right on Elm St. in 300 feet."

I'd go with the Quest II for battery life, price, durability and the way it fits nicely in your hand. I just can't see carrying a square unit shaped unit like the Magellan Crossover as a handheld. Contrary to what Team Dubbin wrote, I know several people who use a Quest for geocaching and love it.

Edited by briansnat