Mapsend Direct Route 3.0 DVD

Hello all, I bought the Direct Route 3.0 North America DVD from Mapsend. Inside came a coupon code. What is really disappointing in my case is that my first attempt from inputing the coupon code resulted in a internet disconnection. :huh: I cannot get to the page where it shows I owe 0$ and when trying to enter the code again, well you can only enter it one time. I've called Magellan Tech support COUNTLESS times 6 to be exact with the same response! If I call now I bet you I can tell what is going to happen #1 they'll ask for my name, email address, password, GPS, and It's serial number, #2 Ask what the problem is.... #3 Get their supervisor and put me ON HOLD!! #4 Tell me the problem will take 24-48hrs to resolve in the system and that's it. Has anyone else had this problem before with the coupon codes??? I feel as if i'm the laughing stock at Magellan's Tech support in India, I feel when I call they all put me on hold to talk about my problem and just laugh. It's a premature thought but having called 6 times with the exact same results makes me wonder. ARGH!!!! I'm going Garmin from now on!! :huh:

Maybe it's just me, but I've never had a problem with Magellan Tech Support. As a matter of fact they knew to redirect me when I did and I had my problem solved - including new GPSr in 5 days.

I was even happy with the coupon for the discounted Li-Ion battery and adapter that was back ordered and only took an extra two weeks to be delivered.

Nope, I've called 6 times with the same answer of waiting 24-48hrs and have waited in earnest for the problem to resolve. It's been 3 months now so 2 calls per month and haven't had it fixed as of yet. $150 down the drain! I can't believe it.

I had a problem with my MapSend Topo 3D software (see thread below) it took a few calls but after I got the right guy he shipped me out new software that I installed last night and it works well!

If you get hold of someone that does not seem helpful, ask to speak to a supervisor....one of the hardest things to do though...is remain calm...trust me I have yet to have this down when it comes to dealing with customer service.

Ask for a supervisor....sometimes it helps

Yes, I will call today and will ask to speak to the supervisor if a representative is not helpful. I should have done that in the first place! Thank you.

I hope your issue is resolved. I had a very similar experience. I entered the coupon code and then it wouldn't recognize my email and password. I started over, same thing, wouldn't take the code. I spoke with 5 different customer service reps. It was very frustrating. Make sure you get a "case number" and give that to them first thing. That saves from repeating your story. I was also told to wait 24 -48 hours. I waited, nothing happened. I called back and that particular rep was able to unlock my code, but I was on hold for nearly an hour. He popped back on asking me to please wait. Issue finally resolved.

I have a question about the software though, how can I save a street route I build either to the computer or to the gpsr, the save file choice is not lit up. :huh:

[i have a question about the software though, how can I save a street route I build either to the computer or to the gpsr, the save file choice is not lit up. :huh:

I don't think you can save a street route. DR always creates a street route on the fly--i.e., you tell it the start and finish, and it figures out the route. You can save a point-to-point route, and you can save destinations as waypoint, but a street route does not appear to be saveable per se.