PRC files

Bat-Bubba

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes:

I get weekly Pocket Queries and I then upload the GPX file to my GPS and then the PRC file to my Palm. When I view the PRC file on my Palm (using MobiPocket), I go to the table of contents and then perform a search for the cache I'm trying to find. Once the cache is found in the table of contents, I can then click on that file and the link takes me directly to the cache information. On a cache that has a hint, there is no link that takes me to it. So, in order to view the hint, I have to change to the appendix and perform yet another search. Very time consuming when you are power caching.

Why is there no link to take me automatically to the hint like there is for the cache information from the table of contents? Can this function be added? Pros and Cons?

Bat-Bubba

Use either Cachemate or Plucker, and you'll get the hints. The easiest way is to import the .gpx files into GSAK, and then export to Cachemate and/or html for conversion to Plucker format. Mobipocket format doesn't give the hints. IMO, that's the worst ereader extant, and almost any ebook reader is better. That's what Groundspeak provides, though, and if you want something else you have to take the trouble to do the conversion yourself.