eTrex Legend City Navigator

guyinoside

Do you have the Legend, Legend C or Legend Cx?

If I am not mistaken, the basic Legend cannot autoroute...

That's why s/he is using nRoute.

To the Original Poster:

new copies of CN come with a free unlock (maybe two). You can call Garmin support about that.

If it's a real Garmin DVD with no locks left, I suspect you will have to buy another lock from Garmin.

If it's not a real (pressed) Garmin DVD then it is unlikely you are going to get anywhere with it (particularly not with Garmin!).

I have a purchased copy of metroguide that I use for the maps on my unit but the problem I have with that is that it does not give turn by turn dirrections in nRoute. I just bought a laptop for that purpose. I am so angry with garmin charging money for every little thing for the mapsourse software. I mean, I bought the GPS, the Mapsourse, and the laptop. Now they want me to pay another $140 for city navigator just so that I can have turn by turn dirrections. Doesn't seem fair to me and if anyone does think its fair, you should be tortured within an inch of your life then given time to heal then tortured again, and repeat that prossess till you die of old age. LOL :huh::P:P

I have a purchased copy of metroguide that I use for the maps on my unit but the problem I have with that is that it does not give turn by turn dirrections in nRoute.

It's not supposed to (MG 4.x notwithstanding).

The nRoute website says "Takes advantage of your installed map product's capabilities. For example, you can find an address and it will auto-route on any auto-routing map, like City Select. (emphasis added)"

You can sell off your MG in the garage sale or eBay and recoup (some of) your funds. Heck, if it's MG8 and you're desperate to get rid of it I'll paypal you $50 for it. PM me if you want the cash instead of the map.