Microsoft Streets and Trips Drawing question...

welch

What would be the best way to draw a line between two points in SnT?? (its SnT 2006 if that matters)

I have a grid of points set up, but is there a better way to do lines between the points than just free hand?

Is there a way to have the program draw the line, or tell it to 'snap' exactly to that point?

Thanks for any help

welch

What would be the best way to draw a line between two points in SnT?? (its SnT 2006 if that matters)

I have a grid of points set up, but is there a better way to do lines between the points than just free hand?

Is there a way to have the program draw the line, or tell it to 'snap' exactly to that point?

Thanks for any help

welch

I don't know if this is what your looking for but if you use the measure tool (Ctrl-E) it draws and measures a line between two points by just dragging the mouse.

K

Thanks for any help

welch

Did you check the options on the drawing toolbar?

and searching 'line' in Help gives some options.

----

I guess import the points and play connect the dots. You can set lines to specific points, but you'll have to click on them.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I don't know if this is what your looking for but if you use the measure tool (Ctrl-E) it draws and measures a line between two points by just dragging the mouse.

K

Knowing the distance between the points is not important. What is important is that line. I want to use the lines as a grid to determine if other points (to be added later) are inside or outside the grid, and in what square.

Did you check the options on the drawing toolbar?

and searching 'line' in Help gives some options.

----

I guess import the points and play connect the dots. You can set lines to specific points, but you'll have to click on them.

Yes I checked the drawing tools, but Im not very good with SnT, and was hoping someone more familar with it might know if I'd missed the option to do what I want some place :) . The only thing I found in help was instructions for free handing a line :unsure::).

LOL :P , yea 'connect the dots' is what I'm doing right now.

Some of the dots are hundreds of miles apart, so the map is zoomed out to 100mi scale or more. To get close I zoomed in the first and click the link, and hold down L1 on the mouse, then use the scroll wheel to zoom out, and the keyboard arrows to pan the map and the scroll wheel to zoom in on the new dot (all without releasing L1). Just seems like there would be a better way to do this?

Is this anything like what you want to do? I used the "line" from the Drawing Tool Bar. You can zoom in and then click the "line" on the Drawing Tool Bar. Then click on the map where you want the line to start and drag it out a little bit. The line ends can be edited until you click on the map anywhere other than the line ends. Now zoom out (I used my mouse scroll) and drag the other end of the line approximately to where you want it. Zoom in and drag it exaxtly where you want it. Click anywhere on the map and you are done.

8290607f-ddb5-46ff-97bc-504629db0a66.jpg

Is this anything like what you want to do? I used the "line" from the Drawing Tool Bar. You can zoom in and then click the "line" on the Drawing Tool Bar. Then click on the map where you want the line to start and drag it out a little bit. The line ends can be edited until you click on the map anywhere other than the line ends. Now zoom out (I used my mouse scroll) and drag the other end of the line approximately to where you want it. Zoom in and drag it exaxtly where you want it. Click anywhere on the map and you are done.

I want to draw lines yes, but I don't want to have to eyeball approxmately :ph34r:

I have this set of dots:

iowatemp5hy0.jpg

and I want to draw lines connecting them, but the only way it seems I can do this is to the try and line up the DOT with my mouse after selecting the draw line tool. This gets it pretty close when you zoom down but it is Very time consuming and still probably has a little error (unless what I think looks like the center Really is :blink: )

iowa55hr4.jpg

(I drew these lines in about 30 seconds, zoomed out 100mi scale, I know they're not good, but I want you see what Im trying for.)