Will this work on Venture Cx?

avpas

I received some Best Buy gift cards for Christmas and the only thing I am itching for is City Navigator for my Venture Cx. The only CN in all of best buy is bundled with a laptop USB GPSr and nRoute software. Does anyone know if this City Navigator v8 is the same as the stand-alone version and whether it will work with my eTrex Venture Cx?

It is OK if this means that I can't use it on the laptop GPSr. I am just looking for a way to get City Navigator and turn-by-turn directions onto my Venture Cx without paying 110+ out of pocket.

Thanks!

I received some Best Buy gift cards for Christmas and the only thing I am itching for is City Navigator for my Venture Cx. The only CN in all of best buy is bundled with a laptop USB GPSr and nRoute software. Does anyone know if this City Navigator v8 is the same as the stand-alone version and whether it will work with my eTrex Venture Cx?

It is OK if this means that I can't use it on the laptop GPSr. I am just looking for a way to get City Navigator and turn-by-turn directions onto my Venture Cx without paying 110+ out of pocket.

Thanks!

I just looked at the Best Buy website and the bundle that I see with the USB GPSr says that it includes City Select. That is different and older than City Navigator. You might want to double check on what you are getting before you buy it. Sometimes websites are not updated and/or incorrect, so maybe this is with Navigator. If it is, then this is a pretty interesting way to buy it. I wish I had thought of it.

I bit the bullet today and bought the GPS 18 set from the local Best Buy. It does have City Navigator v8.

The software has had the longest loading/download time and most intricate (goofiest) intall proccess of any I have ever seen. I had no trouble unlocking/registering the GPSr that came with the set. Once I registered the set, the website gave me a second unlock code. It hasn't been terribly difficult, just time consuming and goofy. Hopefully with another hour, I will have the eastern seaboard loaded onto my Venture. I will update when everything is complete and I've truly tested it. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

I bit the bullet today and bought the GPS 18 set from the local Best Buy. It does have City Navigator v8.

The software has had the longest loading/download time and most intricate (goofiest) intall proccess of any I have ever seen. I had no trouble unlocking/registering the GPSr that came with the set. Once I registered the set, the website gave me a second unlock code. It hasn't been terribly difficult, just time consuming and goofy. Hopefully with another hour, I will have the eastern seaboard loaded onto my Venture. I will update when everything is complete and I've truly tested it. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Nice deal avpas. I ordered Navigator from Amazon last week and it is on the way. Now I see that I could have had the GPS 18 with Mapsource maps for less than the maps alone. The GPS 18 would have been fun to play with. Sure wish I had figured this out last week. Congrats to you!

Edited by weber_sd