Bearing pointer problem

srp64

I have a 60csx that i have been out 2 times with. The problem that I am having is that it points away from where the cach is. The reason I know this is before buying the garmin unit I was using my phone and the 12 caches that I found out of the 15 I tried. I have been back to four of the caches that I have found to check this problem out. I have tried calibrating it several times but hassent helped, I even have changed the location setting and follow road, prompted and off road settings. HELP

When you say "points away from where the cache is", do you mean the compass arrow points in the wrong direction, or do you mean the distance-to-target doesn't seem to be decreasing correctly as you get close?

If the problem you are reporting is with the compass arrow:

1) How close to ground zero are you when you experience this? If you are within 20-30 feet of the cache, you should be ignoring the compass arrow anyway

2) If the arrow doesn't seem to point in the right direction when you are further from the cache, it sounds like a calibration problem (I have to recalibrate the compass on my Garmin Vista after each battery change or the arrow gets wacky).

If the distance-to-target is the problem, check to make sure you are working with the correct coordinates, and that your GPSr is set to WGS84.

I have a 60csx that i have been out 2 times with. The problem that I am having is that it points away from where the cach is. The reason I know this is before buying the garmin unit I was using my phone and the 12 caches that I found out of the 15 I tried. I have been back to four of the caches that I have found to check this problem out. I have tried calibrating it several times but hassent helped, I even have changed the location setting and follow road, prompted and off road settings. HELP

I had this problem with my legend C. If you change your compass setting from course, to bearing, you should be back in business

I have a 60Csx and whenever I replace the batteries, I have to recalibrate the compass...and it even says so in the manual under "Calibrating The Electronic Compass".

If I don't do that I get funky readings.

When you see the compass...press "MENU".

Mine shows this in the menu display.

SIgnt 'N' Go

Stop Navigation (This means I'm using Resume Navigation)

Recalculate

Course Pointer (This means I'm using Bearing Pointer)

Data fields

Change Data Fields

Calibrate Compass

Restore Defaults.