May have found a cache in Tucson mountains?

Gilamonster1

I was out hiking and we found a large glass pickle jar with notes in it. It had a pencil,pencil sharpner,chap stick, and several hand written notes. I believe the oldest note was from 2004 and the newest was a few weeks ago.

The coords are N32 20.769'

W111 09.938'

This is in the Tucson mountains at what we call panther peak. I will also post this in the southwest chat area.

Any way of knowing if this is an official cache?

I was out hiking and we found a large glass pickle jar with notes in it. It had a pencil,pencil sharpner,chap stick, and several hand written notes. I believe the oldest note was from 2004 and the newest was a few weeks ago.

W111 09.938'

This is in the Tucson mountains at what we call panther peak. I will also post this in the southwest chat area.

Maybe a peak register? Closest traditional cache is over 2 miles from those coordinates.

D!

W111 09.938'

Maybe a peak register? Closest traditional cache is over 2 miles from those coordinates.

D!

What is a peak register? The notes were in a glass jar. The only peak registers I am aware of are put out by NPS I think. Like the one on top of Wasson peak in the Tucson mountains.

Several of the notes in there seemed personal, almost like people were leaving their feelings there. The notes were from folks all over the country and one from Canada. They were also signed. One was signed by a family with the last name Cavanaugh. The jar was not really hidden. It was stuck in between some rocks. If anyone goes up there I signed a note and wrote first find? on it.