FTF TB Prize

Nevada Stars

I'm getting ready to hide my first cache. I would like to place an unactivated TB as the FTF prize. I'm assuming that I can't include the original activation code. Therefore, I plan to include a note with activation info. Will the following example work?:

To Activate: Send an email to contact@geocaching.com and state that the TB is a FTF prize. Also, include the tracking number.

You actually can give them the activation code. Since you are giving it to them, it is now theirs and need that to use the TB.

I ordered 4 TBs from Groundspeak and they all have the same code. From reading some of the posts, I thought the code is automatically attached to my name. So, when activating the TBs, we include personal info at that time? Guess you can tell that I'm new at this :laughing:

No you don't give personel info, you just register them in your name. But that Code is attached to that TB so you have to use it to activate it. Just print it off on a seperate piece of paper and include it as part of the prize.

The TB's came packaged individually with the codes on labels...so that makes it easy! Thanks for your help!

No you don't give personel info, you just register them in your name. But that Code is attached to that TB so you have to use it to activate it. Just print it off on a seperate piece of paper and include it as part of the prize.

The TB's came packaged individually with the codes on labels...so that makes it easy! Thanks for your help!

Great idea for a FTF. When I leave an unactivated coin or TB I keep the number stored away so that when they activate it you can watch where it goes. Like watching your "children" roam the world. Recently I purchased some FTF coins. I activated them and offered to let anyone that had the coin to adopt it.

:laughing:

Great idea for a FTF. When I leave an unactivated coin or TB I keep the number stored away so that when they activate it you can watch where it goes. Like watching your "children" roam the world. Recently I purchased some FTF coins. I activated them and offered to let anyone that had the coin to adopt it.

:)

Great idea...I'll do that :laughing: