Default coordinates

Billk72

Ok I am curious what format are the coordinates displayed in I have been experiencing some problems finding some micro caches. I know the area and from reading the logs get a good idea where they are but my gps has me off by about 300 ft or more. I am using nad83 which from my understanding is the same as wgs84. My 60csx had me a block away from the capitol theater micro with a epe of 18ft. I know from growing up here where the theater was but evidently my gps doesnt.

Change your GPS to WGS84 datum for starters - all coordinates are expressed that way on the site and the NAD datum format you are using does have some differences. Also check to make sure you are entering the coordinates in the decimal minute format DDD MM.MMM and not Degrees minutes seconds DDD MM SS. That too is the default for the web site. If you put the same numbers into the wrong format - you will be way off. Check the manual for your GPS to see how.