Reputable online GPS retailer (Lowrance )

jjmcwill

Hi,

I've decided on the Lowrance H2O Plus as the GPS receiver I'd like to get.

I tried ordering one two weeks ago from an online retailer. It was indicated as "In Stock" on their website. As of today, it was still on "Temporary backorder" but expected to arrive at their warehouse "Today", which is the same thing they told me on Monday. I finally canceled.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Can anyone recommend a vendor whom they trust and have had good experience with, who carries the H2O Plus for a fair price?

Thanks,

Jeff

I've had good luck with these guys with two GPS receivers (soon to be a third) and a PDA:

http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=pro...ge&pn=11238

Any time I look up Pricegrabber or similar, they come out among the very cheapest and my experience is that they have it in stock if they say they do. In fact, it appears they remove it from their website if it isn't in stock because they had an H2O C there a month ago, and removed the item for a while, then put the item back up with a stock of a dozen not too long ago.

I recently returned an Explorer Plus to them. I tried to get an RMA from their website, but it said they don't accept Lowrance returns. After less than five minutes on the phone with Customer Service, they issued an RMA with no argument.

Edit: No, now that I think about it, the Customer Service call was more like 20 or 25 minutes including wait time, but only a few minutes with the rep to obtain the return ticket.

Edited by Steel City Seekers

Thanks for the replies.

After making this post I saw that ICTHYS posted a quick review of an H2O C he purchased from cascadegps, and in his review he reported fast shipping time.

I did a forum search, and saw that cascadegps was favorably mentioned several times in the past, and that cascadegps has an account here and posts sales from time to time.

That was encouraging.

The seller has a contact form on their website, and I used it to specifically ask if the H2O Plus was currently in stock, and it was. I checked resellerratings.com, and cascadegps had two favorable reviews and no negative ones.

Unfortunately, tigergps.com was the first vendor I used and had to cancel my order from today. After reading WeekendWarrior1's positive endorsement, I'm somewhat troubled by this. resellerratings.com and the Better Business Bureau website both contained negative feedback for this retailer over the past year.

To their credit, Tigergps.com promptly cancelled my order per my request, and immediately refunded my money.

I decided to place my order with cascadegps. I received a reply several minutes after placing my order stating that it had cleared and that it would ship today.

Paul at cascadegps was of the opinion that many resellers were expecting a shipment from Lowrance this week and haven't received it yet.

I'm not here to draw any conclusions about tigergps and it's not my intent to bash them or anything. Since I asked for help here, I thought I'd update everyone.

I'll be eagerly waiting for my gps to arrive, hopefully very soon now.

Thanks for all the input.

Regards,

Jeff

I've had good luck with these guys with two GPS receivers (soon to be a third) and a PDA:

http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=pro...ge&pn=11238

Any time I look up Pricegrabber or similar, they come out among the very cheapest and my experience is that they have it in stock if they say they do. In fact, it appears they remove it from their website if it isn't in stock because they had an H2O C there a month ago, and removed the item for a while, then put the item back up with a stock of a dozen not too long ago.

I recently returned an Explorer Plus to them. I tried to get an RMA from their website, but it said they don't accept Lowrance returns. After less than five minutes on the phone with Customer Service, they issued an RMA with no argument.

Edit: No, now that I think about it, the Customer Service call was more like 20 or 25 minutes including wait time, but only a few minutes with the rep to obtain the return ticket.

Okay, I rescind my earlier advice. While ordering, delivery, and obtaining a return number went well, I have been waiting seven days for them to credit my account. That is, UPS indicated they delivered it to their front door seven days ago and I'm still waiting. That's ridiculous and the soon to be a third statement above is no longer accurate as I'm planning to go with a different company.

Sorry for what turned out to be not so great advice, but I'm glad the OP went with someone else.

I've been dealing with Onhop.ca for GPS units and they have been completely reliable. Arrives next day and they honour 15 day return policy if problems and the staff is professional. Haven't had to receive a refund on anything but I'm not worried. Highly recommended and worth trying out.

Edited by saltyvinegar