Software for the non computer savy?

Hello all.

My qusetion is kind of 2 fold here so please bare with me. First I'm going to order a new Garmin 60CSx later this evening and was curious what you all think of Garmin's topo map software for it? Also what do yo think of their inland lakes stuff, and their City Nav V8?

Secondly, I have a lap top and a Cingular 8125 smart phone that runs windows mobile. What software would you all reccomend for these two devices so I can go paperless. I was thinking about GSAK for the laptop, but am unsure if it will work on my phone? Do I have to buy seperate software for the phone and if so what would you recomend, and where can I get it?

Thanks so much for your help I'm excited to hear what you all have to say.

lost

Well I am some what computer savvy but never used mapsource or a 60csx until 2 days ago. I found it quite easy, Gsak is great for the lappy unsure about the phone. I went form a old garmin ll+ to the 60csx which I found a little more complicated then my bare bone ll+( they both come with pretty extensive manuals which I didn't read its like a man asking for directions we just don't do it unless we are sure we are lost). I have become quite familiar with it though and have found it quite easy to upload maps, waypoints, and find my way points.

What you all think of Garmin's topo map software for it? Also what do yo think of their inland lakes stuff, and their City Nav V8?

I just spent some time in Florida this past weekend and went Sea Kayaking Estero the Bay and River. I have Topo and city Nav 8. I thought the Topo would dominate my trip but I sure was wrong. Topo was great for illustrating marshes and low water areas but was totally wrong on the contour of the river. I ended up using City Nav most of the trip just for the simple fact that the islands and rivers in the area were more accurate with City Nav.

Now, I have both products and use both most places I go. I frequently switch back and forth just to see the difference between the two. So for me, I would recommend both products depending on where you end up.

Dan