GPX Spinner not registered

Does anyone know how to register GPX Spinner?

Maybe this is a trick question, but at the bottom of www.gpxspinner.com it says "If you like the features that GPX Spinner provides and you want more of them, please register. Your small payment will be very gratefully received and will help go towards getting new features added. Just click on the PayPal Donate button to help make GPX Spinner even better.

Once I receive the confirmation from PayPal that your payment has gone though, I will email your registration code. If you made a donation in the past (before May 26, 2005) please email me with the approx. date and email address used and I will send your registration code."

Well,

I've tried emailing Lil Devil several times about registering GPX Spinner. His website says that PayPal registration is temporarily disabled, (since 8/16/08). He doesn't reply, though the email address is still active... the best I can figure out is that he has lost interest and can't be bothered with it anymore. If it's any help, once the nagware delays become intolerable, you can simply remove, then reinstall GPX Spinner and a new grace period will begin.

Cheers,

Wood_Rat

Well,

I've tried emailing Lil Devil several times about registering GPX Spinner. His website says that PayPal registration is temporarily disabled, (since 8/16/08). He doesn't reply, though the email address is still active... the best I can figure out is that he has lost interest and can't be bothered with it anymore. If it's any help, once the nagware delays become intolerable, you can simply remove, then reinstall GPX Spinner and a new grace period will begin.

Cheers,

Wood_Rat

There are several problems that could easily be fixed (incorrect image file name, missing log icons, etc.) but I don't think a release has been put out in years. It's hard to justify registering software that's not being supported.

Edited by Prime Suspect

Seems this has been a problem for a long time. I've only ever known one cacher who used (and loved) Spinner.

Thank goodness I use and recommend CacheMate.

Registering GPX Spinner, How long do you wait for a code?

I don't "love" Spinner, but I've compared it to CacheMate, and the Spinner/Plucker Viewer combo wins hands down. Instead of a bunch of panels I have to click on to navigate through, I get a copy of the actual cache page, all in a single display, including page images (which are sometimes clues) and text styles (which are also sometimes clues to cache locations). If you have an older PDA that can't handle hi-res images well, then maybe CacheMate is a better solution. But otherwise - see this post.

I also like the Spinner-generated html. I use it with iSilo, but have also used it with Plucker. Lil Devil hasn't replied to my emails either, so I think he has lost interest in the program. I was glad to learn that you can just reinstall it and get a new grace period.