Diabetes TB

Manimal N Button

I am very disappointed that I wasnt able to get my hands on one of these. Several people in my family have diabetes including my husband. This cause is very near to my heart. Does anyone know if theres one out there i can get my hands on.

There is one in a cache that is about 4 miles west of your cache. Do a nearby cache search from your cache page and it will show up. You do know that these are like the jeeps they are already activated and are ment to travel from cache to cache.

Good luck

:)

I am very disappointed that I wasnt able to get my hands on one of these. Several people in my family have diabetes including my husband. This cause is very near to my heart. Does anyone know if theres one out there i can get my hands on.

There is one in a cache that is about 4 miles west of your cache. Do a nearby cache search from your cache page and it will show up. You do know that these are like the jeeps they are already activated and are ment to travel from cache to cache.

Good luck

So to make sure I understand this. Because they are already activated even if i did get an uncirculated one i wouldnt be able to have it listed as one of my bugs?

Good luck

So to make sure I understand this. Because they are already activated even if i did get an uncirculated one i wouldnt be able to have it listed as one of my bugs?

There is really no such thing as an uncirculated one. That would mean it was unactivated. Those that were sent to everyone that asked were already activated. You can not "own" the TB just like you can not own a Jeep.

:D

These travel bugs are sent out, and owned, by the Unite For Diabetes foundation. The people that ordered them did so promising, in writing, that that they would place them in a cache within two weeks. There were 20,000 to be handed out. They are registered to the U4D foundation, and no one gets it listed as their personal bug, they were already activated. You can get one listed on your found stats, if you find one in a cache and move it. They are not to be kept. The purpose of this promotion is to spread the word about Diabetes, which is becoming a huge health problem all over the world. Each bug has a destination city. They should not be mailed via snail mail, they should travel cache to cache, cacher to cacher.

This is what we are going to do with our diabetes TB tag. Our local geocaching club used to have a moving cache. This was from a joke about a "nano glued to a squirrell's butt". So we got a plastic squirrell and glued a small container to it with a log. When moving cache website was discontinued, we had to stop playing. However, our local approver has told us that we can put a travel bug near a cache and have it outside the container. We are going to tag the TB to the squirrell (which now has lipstick, googley eyes, and hair) and try to play again. This is also a great way to keep old caches "active". Grab a goofy TB in your area and do this as well. It is really fun to make the hides hard and silly. Don't forget to "make your mark" on the TB. The goofier the better I say. Anyhow, have fun.

-Chad

This is what we are going to do with our diabetes TB tag. Our local geocaching club used to have a moving cache. This was from a joke about a "nano glued to a squirrell's butt". So we got a plastic squirrell and glued a small container to it with a log. When moving cache website was discontinued, we had to stop playing. However, our local approver has told us that we can put a travel bug near a cache and have it outside the container. We are going to tag the TB to the squirrell (which now has lipstick, googley eyes, and hair) and try to play again. This is also a great way to keep old caches "active". Grab a goofy TB in your area and do this as well. It is really fun to make the hides hard and silly. Don't forget to "make your mark" on the TB. The goofier the better I say. Anyhow, have fun.

-Chad

Please don't do this with the Diabetes TBs. It doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the Diabetes Foundation. Leaving TB's outside of caches is a good way for them to get lost, give away the cache location, and let the elements at them.

Please don't do this with the Diabetes TBs. It doesn't belong to you, it belongs

No kidding, spend your own money on your games.

"Don't forget to "make your mark" on the TB.

I don't think people want you messing with their TBs without their permission. These things don't become 'free for the taking' when they are released, there is still an owner.

I was beginning to think that I was not going to get one as well. However, it showed up in my mail yesterday. I am very pleased to have received it and oh course very excited to place it in a cache.

-Chad

PS: If you have received your Diabetes TB, you have not yet logged it into your possession. They are already activated, since the Diabetes Foundation retained ownership of them so you just need to "Grab it" to get it into your possession. Then log as normal when you drop it off.