GSAK switches columns recieving waypoints

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What is the code column and name column? Are you saying that the cache name shows up on the GPS instead of the GCxxxx identifier? If so, then you have %smart set instead of %code. That's what I do, because the GCxxxx tells me nothing, and is worthless. With smart names, I get an indication of the cache name on the GPS, so I can tell which cache is which. Not sure what you mean about comments in the name column.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. What is the code column and name column? Are you saying that the cache name shows up on the GPS instead of the GCxxxx identifier? If so, then you have %smart set instead of %code. That's what I do, because the GCxxxx tells me nothing, and is worthless. With smart names, I get an indication of the cache name on the GPS, so I can tell which cache is which. Not sure what you mean about comments in the name column.

Nope visa versa. I mean, on the GSAK main screen, when I receive the waypoints I have "marked" with my GPSr, the comments from the waypoint properties land in the (GSAK) column marked name. The actual name I gave the waypoint when I marked it with my GPSr turns up in the column that is marked as code. In other words, my Garmin by default places the date as a comment in the waypoint properties when I mark one. By the time this waypoint gets to my PC in the GSAK software the date is what appears to be the name of the waypoint, and consequently stays that way once I send it back to the unit.

Where do you change the %smart and %code settings? I am certain I have seen that somewhere, but for the life of me I can't now find it either in the software or GSPr settings.

Oh, you're coming into GSAK from the GPS. Sorry, I missed that detail. I've never noticed what went where, because I ignore the code. I have a large database of waypoints from my GPS, and now that I look, I find that the name and the code are identical. That may be because my GPS has no fields other than waypoint name, lat, and lon. If your GPS puts the date into the comment field automatically, I don't know of a way to defeat that, other than to manually delete it every time. A setting to change that would seem to be a logical feature, but that certainly doesn't mean Garmin provided it. I don't have a 60, so I can't check, but you might check the manual to see if there is a provision to change that default behavior. Other than that, I don't see an obvious workaround.

If you want something other than the date in the note field, it appears you need to enter that when you mark the waypoint. It appears from a quick look at the manual that it's possible to do that. Put whatever you want in the note field, and it will show up. I would suggest using GPSBabel to download the waypoints from your GPS into a .csv file, which you can then manipulate in a spreadsheet program to rearrange the fields however you want, and then either resend to the GPS or convert to a .gpx or .loc file which GSAK can import. GPSBabel is a general-purpose GPS program, while GSAK is a specialized geocaching program.

Edited by NightPilot