Getting State/Area specific Stats

BeavTeam

Some geo-buddies and I are going to take a newspaper columnist on a caching journey (tomorrow) and I was hoping to somehow tell him some geo-stats. Things I would like to research are - number of caches in Oregon, number of caches in united states, world wide cache number, etc. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

MightyBeav (the B in TeamBLuR)

Some geo-buddies and I are going to take a newspaper columnist on a caching journey (tomorrow) and I was hoping to somehow tell him some geo-stats. Things I would like to research are - number of caches in Oregon, number of caches in united states, world wide cache number, etc. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

MightyBeav (the B in TeamBLuR)

For the number of caches in Oregon, go to the hide and seek page, select oregon and multiply the number of pages by 20.

For the US, not sure if there is an easy way. You could go to each of the 50 states and do the above.

The number of caches world-wide is 346717 (from the GC.com homepage)

ZOIKS! No sooner had I said that then I get a call from the local media asking what OUR CAMP was doing along the lines of Geocaching programs and Geocaching corporate teambuilding opportunities! I work for a 4-H Camp, and a regional corporate tourism magazine is writing an artical on natural reasons to bring your company to the Finger Lakes area of NY. Talk about a coincidence!!

I hope I did alright! If I hear about it being published, I will try to post a link to the artical.