New GPSmap 60Cx Missing Part?

Beerbelly

I just got my new GPSmap60Cx in the mail from Buy.com and was wondering if I am missing the cover for the screw in the back or doesn't it come with one. In the Manual you can see a screw cover in some pictures but in others there is none. It did come with a belt clip, so maybe this is why it doesn't have a screw cover. Just wondering.

If it was a new unit, you should of gotten the following:

GPSMAP® 60Cx unit

64 MB microSD

Belt clip

USB interface cable

MapSource Trip & Waypoint Manager CD

Lanyard

Owner's Manual

Quick-Start Guide

The screw is for a knob that holds the Belt Clip. They usually come already attached to the unit. Belt clip is great for using with clipboards.

Ed

If it was a new unit, you should of gotten the following:

GPSMAP® 60Cx unit

64 MB microSD

Belt clip

USB interface cable

MapSource Trip & Waypoint Manager CD

Lanyard

Owner's Manual

Quick-Start Guide

The screw is for a knob that holds the Belt Clip. They usually come already attached to the unit. Belt clip is great for using with clipboards.

Ed

SO there is no button over the socket that the belt clip knob inserts into?

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new GPSMap 60CSx from PCNation. The unit has a screwhole on the back, near the top, for attaching the belt clip. I didn't receive any type of cover other than the belt clip so I'm guessing that we're not missing anything.

If I remember correctly (it's been a couple of months), the knob was attached to the belt clip, instead of to the unit. I seem to remember thinking how stupid that was because it looked like if I put the belt clip on the unit, that I was stuck with it on the unit. However, you can "release" the knob, so what you will have is the unit with the knob attached, and then the belt clip part separated.

If I'm reading the above couple of posts right, you have not realized that the "belt clip unit" that was in the box is actually two parts....the knob that screws into the unit, and the clip itself. It sounds like you've attached the belt clip unit. What you've really done is attached the knob to the unit. If you play around with the clip (push the button on the top of the belt clip), the knob will release from the belt clip. So now you can leave the clip on your belt, and just snap the unit in and out of it. There's a button to push down on the top of the belt clip, and then the knob will be released, thus releasing the GPS from the clip.

At least that's what I think you've done, if I'm reading your post correctly. Sorry if I misread that and I'm stating the obvious.

This knob is also used for mounting it into the car mount and my bicycle mount, so I just screwed it onto the unit and I leave it there. No reason to take it off, really.

Edited by ThePropers

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new GPSMap 60CSx from PCNation. The unit has a screwhole on the back, near the top, for attaching the belt clip. I didn't receive any type of cover other than the belt clip so I'm guessing that we're not missing anything.

Sweet, thats what i wanted to know. Previous Garman models had a cover and in the manual they show this, but mine didn't come with one. Thanks.