Custom POI on 60Cx Stopped Working.. Fix?

Mr. Grimm

Ok, Everything was working fine, then I used the garmin webupdate to update the software on my 60Cx unit. After the update my custom POIs were gone. I went to reload them and it said "13 custom POIs loaded", but when I look in the unit, it says there are none. Ok, so I figured I had the old version of the POI loader, so I downloaded the new beta and installed that.. Using the new software, I tried to load the POI database again.. Still nothing..

Anyone encountered this before? Solution?

Grimm-

Ok, Everything was working fine, then I used the garmin webupdate to update the software on my 60Cx unit. After the update my custom POIs were gone. I went to reload them and it said "13 custom POIs loaded", but when I look in the unit, it says there are none. Ok, so I figured I had the old version of the POI loader, so I downloaded the new beta and installed that.. Using the new software, I tried to load the POI database again.. Still nothing..

Anyone encountered this before? Solution?

Grimm-

I've noticed that with some display color settings the custom POI's don't show up. I don't remember all the display color settings that work, but I know that Diamond & sapphire settings work on mine. I noticed that when I had the night mode color set to Peridot that at night when the colors changed my POI's weren't showing up.

I've noticed that with some display color settings the custom POI's don't show up. I don't remember all the display color settings that work, but I know that Diamond & sapphire settings work on mine. I noticed that when I had the night mode color set to Peridot that at night when the colors changed my POI's weren't showing up.

Oddly enough, that worked. Night Display of Topaz shows the POIs, and Ruby does not. I have given this issue over to Garmin Tech Support. They had not heard of this before, so perhaps a solution is forthcoming.

Grimm-

Oddly enough, that worked. Night Display of Topaz shows the POIs, and Ruby does not. I have given this issue over to Garmin Tech Support. They had not heard of this before, so perhaps a solution is forthcoming.

Grimm-

First time? I thought you only got one of those...

Was first discussed here in April: Read this.

I know that I personally emailed and called about this back in August when I found another discussion in the forums here. That, and the inability to recognize the "transparent" color in a custom POI icon, were two of the things that Garmin was working on at the time for the "x" series.

Edit: Added link

Edited by TeamCNJC