tastom

I updated my profile with a new picture and wanted to add my website address at the same time. The picture was changed alright, but I cannot get the URL to be displayed. I tried several times to enter it and after I saw, it didn't work, I return to edit, and then every time the URL ist gone from the field.

Is this a known bug or why doesn't it work for me?

By the way, the same thing happens with the text I entered in the second address line

Please advise

Thanks

G'day

Not sure if this will help but are you:

(1) Putting the link in HTML, e.g., <a href="http://aushiker.com">Aushiker.com<.a> form?

(2) Clicking on the Update Account button and putting in your password to have the changes accepted?

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Nope, didn't help. As for item 2, this is not a problem, I have the remember-me cookie installed, and the profile is updated correctly, except for the URL and the second address line

Thomas

As for item 2, this is not a problem, I have the remember-me cookie installed, and the profile is updated correctly, except for the URL and the second address line. Thomas

As you are making changes to your profile, you need to to verify your password to have the changes accepted. On the "Edit Account Details" page it states "Required before changing your account details." in the Verify Password box near the top of the page.

Also you get this error message if you don't verify your password: "You must enter a valid password for this account to make changes"

The cookie you refer to is for logging into the site not confirming changes to your profile. I suspect because you are not verifying your password your changes are not being accepted.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker
The OTHER changes I made were updated, so there is no password problem, I could do that. It's only the two fields "Personal Homepage" and "ADDRESS LINE 2" which do not seem to work

Well if you are putting in your password to verify the changes then I have no idea sorry.

Andrew