Google Earth + "GC" waypoints

Fuzzywhip

I use Google Earth a lot to research caches before leaving on holidays.

It would be nice for Google Earth (thru the KML) to show the "GC" waypoint with the cache name. This would make it so much easier to find the actual cache pages after noting all the cache location I have found.

I know "Caching along a route" is available, but not for regular members.

Edited by Fuzzywhip

I wish Google earth would do the same thing. When I download the KML file and save it to my computer....when travelling I can bring up the KML file within Google Earth while not connected to the internet.

But when I click on a cache when not connected to the internet (laptop in car) I cant get any information ;) That is why I agree it should have the GC number there for later reference. Would also be nice if it showed the coords...if it did I would bring my laptop with me while caching all the time.

I use Google Earth a lot to research caches before leaving on holidays.

It would be nice for Google Earth (thru the KML) to show the "GC" waypoint with the cache name. This would make it so much easier to find the actual cache pages after noting all the cache location I have found.

I know "Caching along a route" is available, but not for regular members.

FYI, geoqo can do this (and make a density plot for you as well which is something altogether cool in itself). http://geoqo.sourceforge.net/

(see the screenshots for a google earth screen shot of a density plot)