How long does it usually take?

Grylls

I'm still waiting for my cache to be published. I first submitted it on 12/27/06. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it seems like my friend had his posted in only two days.

It varies really. The reviewers are volunteers and have family and holiday interests like everyone else. They even cache in their spare time ;) .

Anyway, I have had waits as short as an hour and as long as 5 days. After about three I might contact my reviewer to see if there is an issue.

By the way, since you are so new to the sport they haven't any experience with you and are likely to investigate your listing a little more thoroughly. Its a bit unusual to put out a cache this quickly so they could be a bit concerned about making sure everything is by the rules. As they learn that you play by the rules the trust level will go up.

Welcome to our obsession!

JD

I'm still waiting for my cache to be published. I first submitted it on 12/27/06. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it seems like my friend had his posted in only two days.

It varies really. The reviewers are volunteers and have family and holiday interests like everyone else. They even cache in their spare time ;) .

Anyway, I have had waits as short as an hour and as long as 5 days. After about three I might contact my reviewer to see if there is an issue.

By the way, since you are so new to the sport they haven't any experience with you and are likely to investigate your listing a little more thoroughly. Its a bit unusual to put out a cache this quickly so they could be a bit concerned about making sure everything is by the rules. As they learn that you play by the rules the trust level will go up.

Welcome to our obsession!

JD

I think I am obsessed too. KD7RGC and I went geocaching for eight hours yesterday--in the cold wind! That was fun and I'm going again today!