Garmin 60Cx autorouting

bikerneal

When I download Metroguide Canada V4 maps and routes, the GPS uses straight line point to point as expected. However if "use roads" is selected under 'setup'/'routing' the directions to go are far from expected when navigating a route. It wants to go straight line to nearest freeway - almost as if it is using the basemap. Metroguide Cda V4 has use roads autorouting. Am I doing something wrong?

Before you loaded the map set, did you checkmark "Include route calculation data?

I can not find a "include route calcultation data" in mapsource or when downloading. I have removed and installed the data card in case it was loose - no change. The map details from downloaded Garmin map shows fine on GPS. Is this a card or software problem. Would reload software from Garmin web site be advisable? It says I already have latest.

Before you loaded the map set, did you checkmark "Include route calculation data?

I can not find a "include route calcultation data" ...

When in MapSource, the very bottom left corner of the "User Data Tabs" section ("Maps" tab) has the checkbox for including the route calculation data. If you don't see the section, go to View\Show User Data Tabs. Below the checkbox is where you can give the selected mapset a name before exporting to the GPSr.

I have a feeling that Metro Guide does not auto-route on the unit itself. I think thats the difference between metro guide and the other city nav software they offer. When I read their specs online it just says Automatically creates point-to-point routes on PC and once downloaded to a compatible Garmin GPS you can read the specs here: http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/mgCanada.jsp