First to find

erny

I think he is talking about a different log type besides found / dnf for the ftf. I don't think gc.com would go for that. It might be high on the competitive scale

I'm not sure he's meaning that, because he said, "put an entry in the cache". That sounds like the physical cache to me, not online. But who knows. :ph34r:

Edited by Ambrosia

If he is talking about the paper log in the cache, I usually mark the first page with a magic marker F.T.F. on my own caches. I find myself trying for first to find every once in a while, and I know a lot of people take pride in being the ftf. If my black magic marker can make somebody smile, heck i'll write that on all of my upcoming caches.

If he is talking about the paper log in the cache, I usually mark the first page with a magic marker F.T.F. on my own caches. I find myself trying for first to find every once in a while, and I know a lot of people take pride in being the ftf. If my black magic marker can make somebody smile, heck i'll write that on all of my upcoming caches.

Just simply someone logged a first to find on my cache but didn't open the box or sign the inside log. now the second person is querying and making a counter claim.

Just simply someone logged a first to find on my cache but didn't open the box or sign the inside log. now the second person is querying and making a counter claim.

If the person 'saw' the cache but didn't sign the log, I'd argue that they didn't find it. I would delete their log and give FTF to the second person.

Well if they didn't sign the log, they arn't first to find. Heck, they can't even log it as a find for that matter.

Now it comes down to your judgement. I'd check the log myself to double check everything, and if infact the first guy didn't acctually sign the log, i'd email him asking to change his log to a dnf or a note.

You can take it farther by deleting it, but that is up to you.

Not sure which one was first, but one logged it found twice.

You might want to email the finder and ask why you don't see their name in the logbook.

Normally I wouldnt delete an online log just because the cache log was not signed but FTF status is different. Questioning the cacher doesnt really prove anything, FTF can ONLY really be verified by the 1st person to sign the log.

Yeah, but you should at least open a line of communication before simply deleting a log. Could save some confusion in the long run.