Quick Question about GSAK and Cachemate

LCAS-271

I just got my refurbed M130 for paperless caching and have been spending most of the day trying to figure out how to use GSAK and Cachemate. Normally I load caches into my Etrex Legend using the waypoint ID (GC****). When I loaded my PQ into the Palm it came in with the cache name.

How do I reset both GSAK and Cachmate to sort the entries by waypoint ID?

LCAS-271

I just got my refurbed M130 for paperless caching and have been spending most of the day trying to figure out how to use GSAK and Cachemate. Normally I load caches into my Etrex Legend using the waypoint ID (GC****). When I loaded my PQ into the Palm it came in with the cache name.

How do I reset both GSAK and Cachmate to sort the entries by waypoint ID?

LCAS-271

When you export from GSAK, there is an option to put different "tags" for the waypoint name. To include the waypoint ID the tag should have "%code" typed in the Waypoint Name field (without the quotes). Then the waypoint ID will be part of the listing in Cachemate on your Palm. If you click the help button in the export window, you can get to a list (a very LONG list) of all the tags that can be used. Those same tags can be used when exporting to the GPS.

On my Z22, at the bottom of the Cachemate screen showing the list of caches, there is a "sort by" box with "Name/Wpt" in it. Along with selecting Wpt for the sort order, I also needed to go to the Cachemate>Options>List Options screen and in the Extra Info dropdown, select Waypoint. Then the list will show the waypoint ID.

Hope that helped!

Miz :laughing: