Just starting

johnboy11171

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Hello my name is John.I live in Port Wentworth,Ga.It is about 10 miles outside of Savannah,Ga.I just got a GPS for Christmas. This is the first GPS I have ever had.I need some help.Does anyone live in the Port Wentworth area that might be able to help? Here is my e-mail address to contact me: johnboy11171@yahoo.com.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a nice night.

John

congrats, find three and you're hooked.

That was us (actually 2 while visiting our brother-in-law in North Carolina, who introduced us to all this), but just as equally often you get "find three and you're bored" or "find three and you feel too weird and geeky" or "find three and it's cutting into your 'busy life' too much and you have to stop".

I see looking at cache logs lots of cachers who get a GPS for Christmas or Chanukah and do a few caches right after (especially if they are off from work and/or on vacation the week between Christmas and New Years), then they "fall off the map" so to speak. This is especially true in years like this in which a good portion of the country is much warmer than normal and places like Buffalo or Cleveland that would normally be buried in snow this time of year have completely bare ground (sorry, Denver :D though if you're into skiing or snowshoeing you are actually to be envied ;) ). We're willing to bet that at least half of the sudden logs we are noting from cachers who say "I got a GPS from Santa and love using it in the woods" will not have any new caches logged during 2007!

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa