legend cx compatable software ?

nokijo69

just got a legend cx a few weeks ago. plan on using it for offroading. the only map software that i can find with enough detail to show a few of the service roads is the city navigator.

my question: is city navigator downloadable to the legend cx ?

Is there cheaper, less MB maps that i can download to my gps for use offroad ?

i am looking for as much pre-mapped service type roads as i can find, with as much detail as i can get. i will map the trails them selves as i go, but don't want to get lost on the way :laughing:

City Navigator will dowload to your Legend CX, but iIf you're going to use it chiefly for offroading, you may want to go with Mapsource Topo. CN does a great job with street coverage, but not so good off pavement.

i checked out mapsource and they don't seem to show much off pavement. other than trails. i need forest service roads and such. or am i missing something? suggestions?

City Navigator will dowload to your Legend CX, but iIf you're going to use it chiefly for offroading, you may want to go with Mapsource Topo. CN does a great job with street coverage, but not so good off pavement.

i checked out mapsource and they don't seem to show much off pavement. other than trails. i need forest service roads and such. or am i missing something? suggestions?

If those roads are in City Navigator in your region then go for CN. I know where I live CN doesn't show the dirt roads in the parks, but Topo does. It may be different by you. At least topo shows terrain so even if it doesn't show a road, you will see streams, ponds, ravines, swamps, hills, etc... You don't see any of that stuff on CN.

just got a legend cx a few weeks ago. plan on using it for offroading. the only map software that i can find with enough detail to show a few of the service roads is the city navigator.

my question: is city navigator downloadable to the legend cx ?

Is there cheaper, less MB maps that i can download to my gps for use offroad ?

i am looking for as much pre-mapped service type roads as i can find, with as much detail as i can get. i will map the trails them selves as i go, but don't want to get lost on the way :laughing:

Get the Garmins United States TOPO VERSION 3.02 or newer, it is a 3 disk set 1- western US, 2 eastern Us, 3 Alaska and Hawaii the maps are detailed (comparable to the US Geological Survey's 1:100,000 scale paper maps). They show everything from hiking trails to highways along with elevation information.

Im using mapsource metroguide and it shows ALL the backroads and FSR's in my area.

the only thing i dont like is it always wants me to drive across the rivers and lakes..lol

could be possible with a few modifications to the ramcharger.. but might be cold.