Garmin automotive gps

timk54

I have mostly informed myself on the hand held devices since purchasing my first GPS last march. I'm now thinking about buying an automotive type GPS. that I would move from vehicle to vehicle..

Can someone fill me in on the various models available and what the differences are in them. There seems to be a lot of choises. I need a large screen because my vision isnt good enough to see the little screen on my Vista Cx while I'm driving. I like the idea of voice promped directions.

What do I need to know.?

Timk54

You might onsider a Pocket PC with its large color screen and ability to go paperless caching as well. You need a cable to connect to your Vista for the GPS signal. The PPC loaded with Mapopolis for full voice and visual auto-navigation, you can also overlay the caches onto Mapopolis so you can see nearby caches and route to them automatically. A PPC can also be loaded with games, music, and office programs like Outlook.