posting pictures

Bushlight

I need some help posting pictures in the forums.I can post them on cache logs,but can't figure out how to post them here.

Firstly, you need to have them uploaded somewhere, such as on a cache page. Then in the forums, where you type your message click on the Insert Image Icon above (it has a picture of a tree on it). You then enter teh URL of your picture - usually http://some file location/your picture.jpg

Adding a Picture to a Forum Post

1. Your picture must be on the internet somewhere -- not on the hard drive. If you want to share a personal photo, but don't have web space, upload it to a cache log, cache page or your profile page.

2. Copy the URL for the image so that it's in your clipboard.

3. Compose your forum post. When you want to insert the image, click on the "Insert Image" button in the top "Code Buttons" section. It's the icon that looks like a photo of a tree.

4. A dialog box will pop up, prompting you for the URL of the image. Paste the URL from your clipboard into the box (Ctrl-V = paste) and click "OK."

5. Preview your post to make sure it works!

If you are having trouble, try practicing in the test thread that is pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum.

From the FAQ pinned to the top of the Getting Started Page.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=8749

Adding a Picture to a Forum Post

1. Your picture must be on the internet somewhere -- not on the hard drive. If you want to share a personal photo, but don't have web space, upload it to a cache log, cache page or your profile page.

2. Copy the URL for the image so that it's in your clipboard.

3. Compose your forum post. When you want to insert the image, click on the "Insert Image" button in the top "Code Buttons" section. It's the icon that looks like a photo of a tree.

4. A dialog box will pop up, prompting you for the URL of the image. Paste the URL from your clipboard into the box (Ctrl-V = paste) and click "OK."

5. Preview your post to make sure it works!

If you are having trouble, try practicing in the test thread that is pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum.

From the FAQ pinned to the top of the Getting Started Page.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=8749

Note: If you're using Firefox you might have trouble inserting links. I was unable to complete the steps above until I opened GS forums in internet Explorer.