JW0293

slippeddisk

Went looking for JW0293 today. Got into the area with the GPSr and then used the description to find this. Does it look like it could be the setting with the disk broken off it's stem? The only thing that makes me think it might not be is what appears to be some kind of epoxy around and on top of the pin. The GPSr got me within 5 feet and then I measured from the tracks and found this.a8cad708-848f-4dca-b0a2-eac20db83683.jpg

slippeddisk, we have many benchmarks that have the gray epoxy around them. Unless you are absolutely sure of the identity of the disk, it is best to log it as not found. If you're sure of the identy then you could log it as found in poor/destroyed condition.

John

I can't be absolutely sure of anything without the disk, I just loged it with a note and the picture.

Ha! I didn't find the same thing.

2c5017dc-fc55-4f35-94a3-492b36ef7d84.jpg

LY0230

All the references check out, including the old train station. DNF on GC. Waiting for an answer from Deb as to how to log it on NGS. The hole's there, but no stem. (One of my Sullivan County, New York attempts.)

At least you can see in your picture that there was a disk once. The one I found today shows no sign of a disk being in the setting.

slippeddisk