Keyword searches?

Sommers

This has probably been discussed before but would it be possible to add a keyword search for the caches? For instance I could type in Military and all the military themed caches would show up, plaques, parks monuments, etc. Or lets say i wanted to do all long hikes or short hikes or quick grabs....i think you get the idea.

This could also be done for cities...I know we can do it by zip code, or google earth, but sometimes you just don't have access to them and it would be much easier to type in Albany, NY and get them then going to usps.com looking up the zip etc. or starting up GE.

This has probably been discussed before but would it be possible to add a keyword search for the caches? For instance I could type in Military and all the military themed caches would show up, plaques, parks monuments, etc. Or lets say i wanted to do all long hikes or short hikes or quick grabs....i think you get the idea.

This could also be done for cities...I know we can do it by zip code, or google earth, but sometimes you just don't have access to them and it would be much easier to type in Albany, NY and get them then going to usps.com looking up the zip etc. or starting up GE.

As much as I would like to see a full text search, I know that it is also a very "costly" type search in terms of database performance. Probably why TPTB have not implmented such a function. As for city searches, unless the city is noted by a hider it would be difficult for the system to keep up with irregular, ever changing boundry lines. However, on the state pages is a short list of larger cities in each state. That works well.

Sounds almost like del.icio.us tagging. Who would tag the caches with keywords? The owner or anyone?