Anothers TB i my cache?

Thorminator

I just placed another cache out, and in this I had a TB that's not mine.

Actually, it was a mistake, cause i had the cache ready to place, and just used the container for goodies on the way. The TB was'nt ment to join in the cache...

However, somehow, i managed to leave the TB inside when i placed the cache.

(Did'nt even notice untill I got home.) :laughing:

Now, I know that this cache will be found in a somewhat short amount of time, and the TB probably will be picked up too.

The big Q beeing;

Is this considered to be a bad practise?

Placing someone elses TB in my own cache?

(Of course, i know that not having _total_ control of someones TB is bad, that was'nt the question...)

Regards from

Norwegian Newbee

Edt.: Darn, could'nt edit the heading wich was supposed to be Another Cachers TB etc.

Oh, and please pardon my type-o's, my english is rusty.

Edited by Thorminator

The best place you could possibly put a TB is into your new cache, in my opinion. Being that it's new, there will be a mad rush for FTF and the TB will move quickly. That's what TBs are supposed to do, after all, and they obviously aren't going to sit in a brand new cache for very long.

Generally I would agree. but I would have to say that if you place a bug into a new cache you should A. be able to retrieve the cache and bug should your cache not be approved. and B. be able to retrieve a bug if it sits too long. C. not place caches you can't maintain. Get an agreement for support before placing it.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=148746

Otherwise yes, a bug in a new cache will probably get picked sooner than one place some time ago.

I hope.

Generally I would agree. but I would have to say that if you place a bug into a new cache you should A. be able to retrieve the cache and bug should your cache not be approved. and B. be able to retrieve a bug if it sits too long. C. not place caches you can't maintain. Get an agreement for support before placing it.

Good point!

Fortunatley, neither of the above will be a problem.

I don't like to place caches that I would have difficulties maintaining,

I'm too lazy for that. :P

But thanks for the constructive feedback!