Enhancements to My Finds PQ

budd-rdc

I was hoping to bump an old thread, but I couldn't find it, so I'm reposting this.

The most recent My Finds PQ was about 4 MB in size, in compressed ZIP format. Although I had no problem receiving the e-mail, I suspect this might be too large for other e-mail boxes. Since the number of caches aren't decreasing and everyone's find counts are always increasing, I suspect the large file size for My Finds PQ will become more of a problem in the future.

A potential workaround is not available, having the option of sending the My Finds PQ to an alternate e-mail address.

Personally, I'm hoping for a way to break up the My Finds PQ by date, so the e-mails can be sent in smaller chunks. This can already be done on regular PQs. I'd appreciate comments from TPTB as well as from the community.

My question for the My Finds PQ is why does it send me the whole friggin thing each time? Let's say I request the PQ today. Then this weekend I go find a handful of caches. Next week I order the My Finds PQ again, and not only do I get the three or four new caches, but I also get all 475 of the ones I got last week.

Perhaps there could be a way to request only those finds which have been updated since last time.

Or maybe it's fine the way it is.

Jamie

You could bookmark your finds and split them up that way, but that won't give you archived caches.

I'm pretty sure if you bookmark an archived cache, it's included in the PQ for that bookmark. At least that's how it worked a few months ago when I tried it. I don't know if that's a feature or a bug.

Jamie

What about just getting the LOC version - or do you want all of the details as well.

You could bookmark your finds and split them up that way, but that won't give you archived caches.

Just giving workarounds in the present system.

I think it depends on how people want to utilize the My Finds PQ. If fizzymagic's utility and The Cheesehead's site can handle My Find PQs in .LOC format, then I see no problem with that. I load mine into GSAK first. GPX is nice, as it's convenient to be able to read the logs I posted without connecting to GC.com.

Bookmarking one's own finds is somewhat tedious. I suppose it won't be so bad if one made a habit out of it. I think My Finds PQ made that obsolete, though.

What about just getting the LOC version - or do you want all of the details as well.

Just giving workarounds in the present system.

I think it depends on how people want to utilize the My Finds PQ. If fizzymagic's utility and The Cheesehead's site can handle My Find PQs in .LOC format, then I see no problem with that. I load mine into GSAK first. GPX is nice, as it's convenient to be able to read the logs I posted without connecting to GC.com.

Bookmarking one's own finds is somewhat tedious. I suppose it won't be so bad if one made a habit out of it. I think My Finds PQ made that obsolete, though.

The data that is mined by findstats and The Cheesehead's site is not in the .LOC file, so that makes it much less interesting. :anicute: Bookmarking my finds sounds way to labor intensive. Plus, I want the archived cache finds. None of the work arounds work for me.