Maps on the Legend CX

Ncrypt

bare with me, I'm new at this. Is there any way to categorize the maps that you send to the unit so there isn't a really long pick list? I'm uploading City Navigator maps and Topo maps, but I certainly don't need all of them active when I'm using the unit. The first problem I see is that I don't know which maps refer to which areas specifically, I would prefer to activate a category vice turn on and off maps throughout the list.

So I decided to create different mapsets on my PC, hoping that the "Map Set name" button in mapsend would do this for me, but I'm realizing that anytime I select a mapset to transfer, it's replacing the existing mapset on the unit?

So, my question is... If I have a 1GB card and I want to put a lot of maps on my unit, is my only option to create one large mapset and scroll through the entire list activating and deactivating the ones of interest?

If so, I'm starting to wonder why I bought such a large card.

thanks for any insight

If I have a 1GB card and I want to put a lot of maps on my unit, is my only option to create one large mapset and scroll through the entire list activating and deactivating the ones of interest?

That is your only option, but there should only be 3 maps to scroll through, CN, Topo and the base map, so I don't see the issue.

If I have a 1GB card and I want to put a lot of maps on my unit, is my only option to create one large mapset and scroll through the entire list activating and deactivating the ones of interest?

That is your only option, but there should only be 3 maps to scroll through, CN, Topo and the base map, so I don't see the issue.

OK, well maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would love to only have three. But its the entire set. I have selected three states for the City ( I live where I travel through three) , several states to cover my topo area, and the base maps. It comes out to almost 15 different maps.

With a 1 gig card, I would like to add many maps and activate and deactivate as I travel.

thanks for your help

Edited by Ncrypt

OK, well maybe I'm doing something wrong. I would love to only have three. But its the entire set. I have selected three states for the City ( I live where I travel through three) , several states to cover my topo area, and the base maps. It comes out to almost 15 different maps.

With a 1 gig card, I would like to add many maps and activate and deactivate as I travel.

When you have the page with the list of individual maps you can press MENU again and get the simplified (and more useful) list of choosing all the CN maps, all the Topo maps, or just the basemap.

When you have the page with the list of individual maps you can press MENU again and get the simplified (and more useful) list of choosing all the CN maps, all the Topo maps, or just the basemap.

Thank you. It still doesn't address my need to categorize mapsets, but it does allow you to turn on or off all within a Map type (topo, city, base). This is much easier than going down the list, but I'll still need to go down the list to select the areas I want active. I guess there is really no way to do what I want.

thanks again

Thank you. It still doesn't address my need to categorize mapsets, but it does allow you to turn on or off all within a Map type (topo, city, base). This is much easier than going down the list, but I'll still need to go down the list to select the areas I want active. I guess there is really no way to do what I want.

thanks again

It should activate the area your in only unless you are manually looking in a different area, at least mine does...and I didn't mess with any settings when I started the unit up other than the time. Legend CX and City Navigtor v8 NT