Garmin MAP 60CSX

Garmin8888

Now that is some large text. I guess it must be a large question. The answer is both the 1GB and 2 GB micro SD cards will work fine in the 60SCX or 76CSx. I have a 1GB in mine and love it.

Actually, the official word from Garmin is that 1GB cards work. From the FAQ on the Garmin site, search for GPSMAP 60Csx

Q. What is the largest size microSD card that I can use in my X-series GPS unit?

A. At this time, 1 GB cards are the largest microSD cards that can be used for X-series products.

YMMV. My digital camera supports SD cards -- 1GB card works, 2GB card doesn't. Other people report some brands of 2GB cards working. Same for my Palm handheld.

Apparently, the SD standard changed a bit between 1GB and larger sizes, sort of like FAT and FAT32 for PC users.

Don't buy any old 2GB microSD card and expect it to work. I'd take the GPSr to the store and ask to try the microSD card there. Most places won't let you return memory if it's been opened.