Coins and TB's not posted

Ok I'm new I don't have a gazillion caches under my belt and already I am frustrated with peps not posting coins and TBs. Is there a way to remove the coins and TBs from a caches' online inventory if it has gone AWOL for a good period of time??? I searched for this answer but could not find anything.

I also would like to suggest putting a fitness indicator on cache page. Last weekend we went out to an easy cache, 1 mile hike each way it said.....what it didn’t mention was it was 653' vert accent to go with it I'm new, I'm out of shape and I'd rather not need CPR out on the trail...LOL

:laughing:

Both the bug/coin owner and the cache owner have the ability to move a traveler to an 'Unknown Location".

Typically if I or someone has verified that the traveler is not in the cache and it has not been retrieved from the cache page for over a month (or so) I will post a note on the bug explaining the situation and asking the owner to mark it as missing.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I also would like to suggest putting a fitness indicator on cache page. Last weekend we went out to an easy cache, 1 mile hike each way it said.....what it didn’t mention was it was 653' vert accent to go with it I'm new, I'm out of shape and I'd rather not need CPR out on the trail...LOL

:unsure:

I can't answer the question about travel bugs, but I might be able to give some advice in reference to the "fit rating". The elevation should be taken into account on the terrain rating, but it may not be.

In any case, most map programs for gps units have the option of topographic data. Make sure that you load this when you load the local maps (if you have the map programs). If this isn't the case (you don't have the maps or they don't have topo information) use Topozone.

Near the bottom of every cache page you will find a link to every internet mapping program you can think of, at least two of which have topographic information. (I'm not sure if this is a premium feature or not as I have a premium membership and can't view the caches without logging. If it is a premium membership feature you can always join and it is worth the few bucks if you do enough caching just for the pocket queries along.)

If that isn't an option at present you can take a bit of time and still use topozone. Now, I'll admit that the maps at topozone are usgs maps that are as old as I am, but they can still be helpful.... You can plug in just about any coordinate information (UTM, Lat/Long decimal degrees, lat/long degres and dec. min., and degrees/min/seconds) and get a location that shows you what the elevation is and what the change in elevation is from the nearest parking area. Make sure that you WGS84/NAD83 in topozone as I'm certain that is what your gps give you. The roads and trails may very well be out of date, but the elevation will not have changed that much. A vertical change of 10 m (in the right map scale) will show over how long an area that 10 m change is spread. For a really good example of this look at GC7EB9 and click on the topozone map. You would have something of a climb to get to the cache (it looks like from the nearest trail on this map you would have a climb of about 350 ft in elevation over about 0.4 miles distance. I've never been to this cache, never been to this area as a matter of fact, but with this data I know what I'm up against.

The topozone information is, without a doubt, crucial when you live in areas with drastic elevation changes in short distances (like Colorado). The cache noted above is listed as a two star for difficulty and a four star for terrain. Others would disagree I'm sure. I don't go by the cache owners ratings. They don't know what I am capable of and I don't know what they are capable of, which is truly what the rating system is based on.

Use all of the tools available to you and I'm certain you'll have a much more enjoyable time. Check it out and let me know what you think.... If you've managed to get this far, hope it has been worth your while...

Both the bug/coin owner and the cache owner have the ability to move a traveler to an 'Unknown Location".

Typically if I or someone has verified that the traveler is not in the cache and it has not been retrieved from the cache page for over a month (or so) I will post a note on the bug explaining the situation and asking the owner to mark it as missing.

Ok, thank you this was just what I was looking for. I tried searching for this but it comes back with the "sorry" message. THANX again