Picking up TB from cache log.

evelbug

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but has anyone considered an option to pick up a TB when you log a find. Since you can drop a TB from a find log, I thought it would only make sense to be able to pick up one instead of having to make a separate log. Perhaps this can be done with a box that you enter the TB tracking number and another text box for the TB log.

Would this do away with posting a note you write yourself? At least the Discover option requires that much.

Just think, you could log a cache and automatically get credit for every bug and coin sitting in the cache.

Personally I think there should be a button on this site that every time you click it your stats increase, you don't have to do anything else. There could even be different buttons that give you different stats and icons.

I guarantee people would use it, argue over it, brag about their stats, congrat each other on reaching milestones

Just upgrade a cache page that the Log it option automatically assigns your find. No notes, no extra clicks, just "click" once and you get credit for say, attending an event, and credit for all coins logged into the cache page.

Click it more than once and your stats just keep climbing.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Would this do away with posting a note you write yourself? At least the Discover option requires that much.

Just think, you could log a cache and automatically get credit for every bug and coin sitting in the cache.

I do see your sarcasm, but that wouldn't work anyway as if you discovered a cache that still had a bug logged in it but had been actually physically taken then you'd still register as seeing that bug.

All we asked for was a way of doing it in one screen rather than 3 or 4.

Actually, I was looking to be able to log the bug out from the cache log page, much like you can log it in. As for checking the goal, if I am going to a cache that has a bug in it, I'll usually look at the bug page before I go to the cache.

Assuming you know that the cache has a bug in it to start with!

Maybe there could simply be a separate button at the bottom of the log page.

Next to 'Submit Log Entry', a button that says 'Submit Log Entry & Log a TB/Coin'

Using this 2nd button would take you to a page with boxes for all the TBs logged into that cache and an extra blank box for any TB that may have shown up in the cache but is not properly checked into the cache.

From there you would just enter your tracking #(s) for the TBs or Coins that you picked up and give a short log note that would automagically go into each separate traveller's record.