Travel bugs list with missions

KiwiGary

How about a feature that allows you to print or export a list of the travel bugs your currently have in your inventory with their current missions.

This would help people plan what to do with the bugs there currently have.

Well something to think about anyway, what do others think?

I think it would be very handy.. :unsure:

See ya…Gary

or how about a feature that whenever you update a travelbug's goal on the website, it automatically updates the goal on the sheet of paper traveling with the actual bug?

Or even better, make the tags with a radio receiver, processor and tiny LCD screen built in. Then, when the mission changes, GS can beam the new mission to the tag for the holder to view.

:tired:

How about putting all that stuff (along with a URL to the travel bug image) in the GPX file?

dlg_edit_travel_bug.png

GeoBuddy allows you to store all this information, currently. I've written a GPX extension for the travel bug details, which Groundspeak is welcome to use or adapt as they see fit.

I looked at your example, and thought "hey, neat, that's one of our bugs!" so I clicked on it, and landed on the GeoBuddy page, where there was something a bit freaky: the sample picture on that page shows the map and cache site of the cache that I'm planning to go out and find in a few minutes! It's the only cache page I had opened on my desktop, so for a second I thought that your page dynamically updated itself to show the most recent cache someone had looked at, but no -- it was just a bizarre coincidence. :tired:

GeoBuddy colors your found and DNF caches differently, and so it needs to know your geocaching.com username. I only had a handful of finds in the area, so to give the program more of a workout I picked a name at random off of the Geocache Log List page, and used that instead. Since we're discussing coincidences, you can guess it was "the hermit crabs" again.

It's actually kinda cool to be able to click on a cacher's name and see the map change to display green and red circles around all of the caches they've visited. I will likely refine this feature and include it in an upcoming version of GeoBuddy.

The signature t-shirt is a cool Travel Bug concept, BTW.