Jeep Travel bugs

PastorChip

So then what do you say about the WJTB and YJTB, contest is over so what to do with them?

The WJTB and the YJTB are still worth the icon for those who like to add stats to their find list. Moving a regular TB only increases your find/placed numbers. Even though the contest is over for the WJ and the YJ, you'll still get an icon. For some people it's like finding the Holy Grail. Why deprive them so you can have a private collection of stolen TB's?

I too have been guilty of holding onto Jeep TB's too long...but I've always released them. What makes me feel bad is that the cache I found mine in.. I had allready found. I don't think it's wrong or bad to take a tb from a prevoiusly found cache.. espically since green jeep tb's are so hard to come by...

After logging all the local caches I have no choise but to revisit a cache if I want to log a Jeep.I dont fill Bad because I place it so another cacher can log it.If it dissapears after a couple more moves I wouldnt know it because after I have logged it and placed it in another cache I have done all I needed to do.

I started this discussion and because I was whining a fellow geo-cacher contacted me and offered to send me. "one or two"

Well today, six arrived in the mail.

After reading the rules of the game I notice I can't take a picture unless I discover it in a geo-cache. So I am not taking any pictures for submission now. (Although I do wonder if I could place one, turn around twice, find it there and then submit a picture. :laughing: )

Anyway, thanks to the geocacher who sent them, I will begin putting them out tomorrow if my schedule allows.

We were fortunate enough to find all three Jeeps at an event. We quickly placed them all in caches, trying to give as many people as possible a chance to get their hands on the green one for the contest.

threejeeps.jpg

I have looked for the yellow and white ones before and always missed. I never realized until this photo they were all different sizes.

:D Okay, just to update. I put out three of the six green jeeps, mailed to me by another geocacher as mentioned above. This weekend I got notices that at least two of the three were taken out of the geocaches I placed them in and never logged. Most probably the third one was stolen as well.

I will place the other three as soon as possible. But of course it is likely the same poor sport(s) will ruin those opportunities as well. :D

OH well. Not going to get too upset about other cachers. But you gotta admit its really silly to steal these things.

maybe someone can help me. My gf and I scaled a small mtn to retrieve a green jeep for the contest.

We took our photo and submitted it etc. Its not being shown on in the contest gallery with all the other pics.

its shows fine here and is votable.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?l...6c-9e67faea14aa

can someone help me? I want to be in the contest.

thanx!

PS: I put the jeep right into another cache when I was done taking photos of it. :D