Topo & CN version 8

bueller44

I had the entire v8 loaded to a 2gb card-a 3+hour transfer. In a rush I tried to add a couple dozen topo tiles, just the area around a certain wilderness area I planned to visit. Found out the hard way that you need to load all the maps at the same time! Perhaps there is also a way to tell Mapsource to include what is already on the device, I didn't find it yet. Returning to my gaff, I selected a state's worth of CN AND a chunk of Topo, putting both into the list at the same time-transfer went fine, both are visible with enough 'zooming'.

OK, I have tried to load both maps onto my Garmin 60CSx but I seem to only be able to access the one I loaded last? I had CN V8 on my microsd card. I just loaded a small area (south west B.C.) of TOPO Canada and now I can't get the CN V8 maps.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

You need to load them all at the same time. You can't load one then the other. When in Mapsource in the top left corner is a box. Select City Navigator and select the map segments you want to load, then go back and select Topo and do the same. You'll then be loading both mapsets to your GPS.

When you load them to your unit City Navigator will be the default. If you want to see Topo, from the map page, hit menu, then setup map, then menu again. You will then have the ability to hide or show the mapsets you want.

Also, always be sure that City Navigator is showing when you are using the autoroute feature otherwise you will get strange results because the unit will try to route on the basemap. I make that mistake all the time.