Cache Placment

nickzeke

Im wondering if member only caches count for the 500 feet rule?

Because I am not a member and there is a members only cache near where I would like to place a cache and I cant see it.

BTW: A "member" refers to a premium member.

Edited by nickzeke

But you’re not a Member because?? This is a subject that bugs me: ground speak spends a lot of time and effort giving cachers so much great fun, challenge and exercise through the website of geocaching.com. Why not pony up the 30 bucks a year? It is a heck of a lot cheaper than one diner out one night or a movie once for two. If you use the service why not pay for it?

But you’re not a Member because?? This is a subject that bugs me: ground speak spends a lot of time and effort giving cachers so much great fun, challenge and exercise through the website of geocaching.com. Why not pony up the 30 bucks a year? It is a heck of a lot cheaper than one diner out one night or a movie once for two. If you use the service why not pay for it?

The option to not pay is freely provided by Groundspeak. I was a non-paying member for almost 2 years before I started paying. You don't know this person's status financial or otherwise. Regardless of your reasons for paying, they don't necessarily have to match up to another's reasons not to pay.

The option to not pay is freely provided by Groundspeak. I was a non-paying member for almost 2 years before I started paying. You don't know this person's status financial or otherwise. Regardless of your reasons for paying, they don't necessarily have to match up to another's reasons not to pay.

Your right...My post was insensitive. Just because I do one thing doesn't mean everyone has to and if your just trying out the sport that makes sense.