Looking for a Memory Card for iQue 3600...

wxfamily

I am looking at a 1gb, maybe a 512 since I don't travel too much. Something that would cover a 8 hour trip.

What is the advantage to a 1gb or 2gb over a 512mb? Do I really need that much? Would a 512 hold most of the SE U.S.?

Finally, where can I get it cheap? Ebay? Is there a better more trustworthy place? Which one do I need?

Thx

Also, do I need to install a "service pack 2"?

I somehow reinstalled palm desktop 4.1 on my computer and now I can no longer hotsync. I just did it the other day with out a problem. What the hell did I do? It just says " the conection between the hand held and the desktop could not be established..."

I have read all I could as to fix this. Now what? Uhhhhhhh!

I am looking at a 1gb, maybe a 512 since I don't travel too much. Something that would cover a 8 hour trip.

What is the advantage to a 1gb or 2gb over a 512mb? Do I really need that much? Would a 512 hold most of the SE U.S.?

Finally, where can I get it cheap? Ebay? Is there a better more trustworthy place? Which one do I need?

The IQue 3600 can't use really BIG memory cards. The 512 size should be adequate for most of what you are doing. I keep several programmed with different areas of the United States where I am most likely to travel.

Hint: By keeping the individual downloads small, your Points of Interest will be more "local", and the device will respond faster.

As for purchasing the memory units, I've seen discounts at office supply houses and camera shops. Prices have come down considerably.

By the way, hang on to that 3600. They don't make it anymore, and it is one of the best in-car units I've seen. I like the fact that you can use graffiti, if you wish, and you can enter a position in Latitude and Longitude, rather than guessing about a street address in a rural area.

I'm a "road warrior" and I could not get along without my 3600!

-Paul-