another newbie question...

Ta2dGurl

I am brand spankin' new to geocaching, just got my gps and have been figuring out how to use it this week. Plan to go out for the first time on Saturday and was hoping that some of the more experienced cachers would be so kind as to point out a couple of decent "first time caches" in the Loudoun county area.

The list is so long, and of course I want to find them all, but know if I go out and have a DNF day I will be super disappointed.

thanks for any guidance, look forward to bumping into some of you out hunting in the future!

I am brand spankin' new to geocaching, just got my gps and have been figuring out how to use it this week. Plan to go out for the first time on Saturday and was hoping that some of the more experienced cachers would be so kind as to point out a couple of decent "first time caches" in the Loudoun county area.

The list is so long, and of course I want to find them all, but know if I go out and have a DNF day I will be super disappointed.

thanks for any guidance, look forward to bumping into some of you out hunting in the future!

I would suggest reading up on 6-7 caches which have a below 2 difficulty, read the cache pages (print them out) and plan a route of where you want to go --- either one park with multiple caches or a couple of parks. Figure out the time between caches and schedule accordingly.

Also, remember to take extra batteries and water with you.

I would suggest reading up on 6-7 caches which have a below 2 difficulty, read the cache pages (print them out) and plan a route of where you want to go --- either one park with multiple caches or a couple of parks. Figure out the time between caches and schedule accordingly.

Also, remember to take extra batteries and water with you.

thanks for the tips! Is there a way to sort caches by park? I have been sorting by zip code.