Calling all Montreal area cachers!

WeatherednBoston

I will be travelling to Montreal this weekend to do some caching in the area with another local cacher from Mass. We will be trying to find as many caches as we possibly can. Can anyone suggest any nice ones with scenic views?

Also would be nice to meet some local cachers? Is there possibly an event scheduled for this weekend or would anyone like to meet for coffee, caching or dinner?

We will be there all day Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks!

ps I was up in the Montreal area last May while attending an INXS concert...I tried to do a few caches but was confused once I saw the cache listings were in French lol Does anyone know a fast way to convert a cache page to english?

I posted a link to your message on the Quebec Geocaching forum. Hopefully someone from Montreal will get in touch.

No event in Mtl this weekend, there is a big one in Ottawa though :laughing:

As for the language problem, you can try this site : Google language tools to get something almost clear... I would stick to traditional caches though, because that kind of automated translation could greatly increase the difficulty of a puzze!

I saw the link on our local forum for your visit, but sadly I'm working week-end's so I wont be able to meet you.

On the other end, if you want lots of cache with scenic view, hit the mont-royal, terrain is not always easy, but the view over the city is worth it.

I'll try to see if I dont know someone who could go with you guys, because, not all the cache are in english, so you might actually need some language help!

I will be travelling to Montreal this weekend to do some caching in the area with another local cacher from Mass. We will be trying to find as many caches as we possibly can. Can anyone suggest any nice ones with scenic views?

Also would be nice to meet some local cachers? Is there possibly an event scheduled for this weekend or would anyone like to meet for coffee, caching or dinner?

We will be there all day Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks!

ps I was up in the Montreal area last May while attending an INXS concert...I tried to do a few caches but was confused once I saw the cache listings were in French lol Does anyone know a fast way to convert a cache page to english?

Hi WeatherednBoston,

Here's a site where you can translate in several languages. If you dont mind the grammar, you'll get the sence of the translation. I think it translates by words and not by general idea of the phrase, but it does the job.

Dont copy and paste too many words, only phrases at a time.

http://trans.voila.fr/voila

Like Andouille mentionned, Mount-Royal is a nice place to visit and seek.

Try this central coordinate; N45° 30.362 W073° 35.325

You should get at least 12 caches within a one mile radius on the mountain.

Have a nice Geocaching weekend.

Dendor