Put in wrong cache, what now?

myhrdly

Ok, I went caching with my Dad over the weekend! I put the Love bug into Fish and Game Cache. But I accidently posted it to the Kilarc Cache.!!! I corrected my find post and I deleted the find post in Kilarc, I didnt find that one yet!!! But now how do I take the bug out of kilarc on the web page?????? Also, how do I make it show up in the Fish n Game cache, on the web site??????

Kim

Ok, I went caching with my Dad over the weekend! I put the Love bug into Fish and Game Cache. But I accidently posted it to the Kilarc Cache.!!! I corrected my find post and I deleted the find post in Kilarc, I didnt find that one yet!!! But now how do I take the bug out of kilarc on the web page?????? Also, how do I make it show up in the Fish n Game cache, on the web site??????Kim

G'day

Kim ... happened before and I am sure it will happen again so don't panic too much :( . If you have the travel bug's tracking number you can "virutally retrieve it" from the incorrect cache bringing it back into your possession and then via a note on the correct cache page, drop it into the correct cache.

If you don't have the tracking number I would suggest contacting the bug owner explaining what has happened. They can either move it or provide the tracking number to you so you can move it.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Andrew

Don't feel bad myhrdly... I did the very same thing. I'm waiting for a reply from the owner since I don't have the tracking number.

Here's where it gets interesting: I went to my log on the cache page where I logged it erroneously and deleted that log. The log is gone in the TB page but it still appears in the cache page and the page still shows that TB as being in Riverside3 (GCXEZH). Also, I uploaded four pictures with the TB log. Will I have to upload those again?

My problem has just been compounded. Someone has already picked up the TB from the cache I placed it in. In order for me to correct my mistake, would they have to change their log?

You can send a email to that finder and ask them to back log it into the cache they found it in, That'll acually fix most of the issue.