how to show on screen your distance to cache

augray

Just bought a GPSMap 60Csx. When selecting a cache to "go to", I would like to know what to change in settings, if possible, so that you can look at the track to the one cache, and it will continually count down, first in miles, and then in feet, your distance remaining to the cache as you travel, while still on the same satellite screen showing your track to that particular cache. Is this possible? I hope I explained this so you all understand what I mean. On our older unit, you had your arrow pointing your way to a cache, and as soon as the satellite picked it up, it also showed you on the same screen how much farther you had to go to get to the cache, first in miles and then would start counting down in feet as you got close. That is what I am wondering how to get this new unit to do, the countdown on the same page as the satellite has brought up to take you to the cache. B)

Just bought a GPSMap 60Csx. When selecting a cache to "go to", I would like to know what to change in settings, if possible, so that you can look at the track to the one cache, and it will continually count down, first in miles, and then in feet, your distance remaining to the cache as you travel, while still on the same satellite screen showing your track to that particular cache. Is this possible? I hope I explained this so you all understand what I mean. On our older unit, you had your arrow pointing your way to a cache, and as soon as the satellite picked it up, it also showed you on the same screen how much farther you had to go to get to the cache, first in miles and then would start counting down in feet as you got close. That is what I am wondering how to get this new unit to do, the countdown on the same page as the satellite has brought up to take you to the cache. :)

If you want to see the "tracK" which is the bread crumb trail of where you have been, you must be on the map page.

You can show up to 4 fields on the map page, these are editable form any of the available fields on the unit.

Personally - I have my map page showing no data fields as I wasnt it as large as possible.

You want the "distance to next" field.

Most cachers use the compass page as the "compass" will point in the correct direction of the cache.

Example - I have my compass page set to show -

Accuracy - I like to know how good a fix I have

Dist to next 0 what you are asking about

Heading - direction of the way I am actually going

Bearing - direction the cache actually is.

By default the last or compass points (N NW SW E etc.) I have changed mine to degrees as I prefer that.

Almost every data field on every screen is changeable to what YOU want.

Data fields are described on page 51 in the CX manual - not sure of the CSX.

I believe you can do that by adding the data field "Distance to Destination".

:unsure: Thanks andman, and all for your replies. The distance to destination worked just fine. There are still a few things I need to find out how to change on the screen area so I appreciate all the input from all the replies.

Frefel--points to degrees may be under menu, setup, heading, display. I am new at this so guessing. Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer you.