GSAK to Cachemate Question

dhbaird

I have a couple of questions about taking updated information from my Pocket Query's into GSAK and then exporting them to my Cachemate program on my PDA.

After I updated my GSAK program to the newest release one of the functions I used to use has disappeared. In Cachemate there is an option called List Options that allows you to see travel bugs. In the past I used to see a column on the left hand side with a '>' in it for the caches that had travel bugs. Since upgrading I no longer can see anything in that column.

The second question has to do with mapping the "status" field in GSAK to Category Field in Cachemate. is there a way to do that? Right now it looks like I have to do two exports, one for the caches I have found and one for the ones I haven't found. Then when I open Cachemate I have to select the cotegory to file them entries under. Is there another way to do this?

David

Edited by DHB an hour later... Never mind... somebody over on the GSAK forum gave me a hint that fixed everything. I did not know that Cachemate operates differently when the data file is stored on the SD card on my PDA verses when it is stored internally. That fixed the display of TB's and at the same time I found a setting that retained the category that fixed the status.

D

Edited by dhbaird

I just went to the GSAK forums to ask the same TB view question.

Could you explain a little more as to how you got that bit fixed... I also use a data card for the Palm, but have not changed the location of the data files as you said you have. Did you just start storing data in Palm RAM?

I just went to the GSAK forums to ask the same TB view question.

Could you explain a little more as to how you got that bit fixed... I also use a data card for the Palm, but have not changed the location of the data files as you said you have. Did you just start storing data in Palm RAM?

Yes... I just re-uploaded the file to my PDA changing the location from the SD card to PDA Ram and then the TB little ">>" signs appeared in the TB column.

There is a setting on the PDA that asks if you want the TB column to show or not. Go to the options menu and then select list options and make certain TB's are checked.

The second question has to do with mapping the "status" field in GSAK to Category Field in Cachemate. is there a way to do that? Right now it looks like I have to do two exports, one for the caches I have found and one for the ones I haven't found. Then when I open Cachemate I have to select the cotegory to file them entries under. Is there another way to do this?

That information isn't passed in the PDB file. If the names of the export files match category names in CacheMate, though, those categories will be auto-selected when importing.

Edited by DHB an hour later... Never mind... somebody over on the GSAK forum gave me a hint that fixed everything. I did not know that Cachemate operates differently when the data file is stored on the SD card on my PDA verses when it is stored internally.

That's documented right here:

http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/doc.php#memcard