Garmin GPS 60

We teach classes for educators and use the GPS 60. Excellent unit, helix antenna, large screen, great software which will interface with Google Earth if it is installed on your computer, usb or serial port connectors, come with USB cable.

We experience about 24 hours on a set of batteries. We like the buttons on the front and at the bottom as well as the larger screen. We have 55 of them and never had any issues with any of them

hope this helps

ed

As I said a few weeks ago on another thread...

I'm perfectly happy with my plain yellow GPS60, it's not too big, the screen is clear, it works well, has USB and an external antenna socket, it gets me to the caches just fine (says he with a score of just 6 finds so far!), batteries last well, simple to use, etc etc.

.. but then I've no experience of any others... but I didn't feel the need for colour and more mapping.

I suppose better reception amongst tree would be good, but I don't know just how big an improvement the SiRF system is. Plenty of thread on here about that, if you want to play with the search thingy :o

All the best

... and I'm up to 10 finds now.. ooooh... hehe

FWIW, you can get a 60Cx from many different places for a little over $300 right now while Garmin has the rebate going.

You get the SiRF chip, color screen, expandable memory, auto turn by turn routing, etc. I would look into the better model.

Edited by andman