Lowrance Expedition Plus Software

willrek

I just received my new Expedition Plus and was surprised to find that it included the MapCreate 6.0 version instead of version 6.3. Does anyone know if this is standard? Lowrance advertises the Plus package with version 6.3. I first thought that I had received an older unit.....but in the included owner's manual it is copyrighted 2006!? :laughing:

I emailed Lowrance to see what they had to say, but I've heard that it sometimes takes a while to hear back. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

I'm really hoping somebody will reply and tell me that Lowrance will happily offer me a free upgrade to 6.3 with proof of purchase

Thanks for all your help and please keep up the good work! :unsure:

I also just received the same unit without MapCreate. I purchased maps Canada topo. Two problems at the start. I have a small horizontal bubble under the view screen like a needle. Very annoying. they are going to replace it for me, plus my software card reader is no good. Two different comp. won't see it.

This is not a good start.

plus my software card reader is no good. Two different comp. won't see it.

There have been several threads discussing the USB drivers required for Windows XP to see the reader. Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Lowrance.com?

plus my software card reader is no good. Two different comp. won't see it.

There have been several threads discussing the USB drivers required for Windows XP to see the reader. Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Lowrance.com?

I checked their web site for the drivers and found them, but it was also mentioned that it was not necessary with version 6.3. I finally got a hold of Lowrance and they told me they had several bad card readers in their packages and are sending me a new one free express mail. Hope this does the job.

Cause I can't wait to see this color topo on my Expedition.

I'm really hoping somebody will reply and tell me that Lowrance will happily offer me a free upgrade to 6.3 with proof of purchase

They probably would, the customer service is very good there, even if it's slow.

Where did you buy the package? Topo came out before the Expedition did, so that should be what comes with it.

my software card reader is no good. Two different comp. won't see it.

Same here. THey shipped me a new reader, and all is ok.

I DO notice that, for it to work reliably, I plug my reader into my USB port, THEN start up my computer. THEN I start MapCreate and insert a card when needed - no problems at all. If I plug the reader in after boot-up, I get all kinds of wierd stuff - like "No card in reader" when there IS one there!

Who did you buy this from? I got mine at TIGERGPS.com and it came with 6.3 - as advertised.

Who did you buy from?

What did they advertise?

I got it from Ultimate Passage. Great place. They even shipped it express at the standard ground shipping price. I ordered it on a Sunday and had it on Tuesday.

I just ordered and received 3 days later a new Expedition C plus package from TigerGPS. The Mapcreate package says series 6. After installing it if I look at the "Help" "about Mapcreate" it shows it as 6.3.282. Did you look at the about Mapcreate to see what the actual version is that you have?

customer service can be supportive depending on whom you talk with. it was technical support who sent me a the map create 6.3 that worked. customer support told me the etailer (ebuyer.com) was not an authorized dealer, thus, they would not "support" me and replace the defective cds. and it took a year before i got the replacement cd (not a year to ship, just a year of me dealing with customer support and one to finally connect me to technical support, who actually send me a working cd).