One week and no review

Fun Bunnies

Your local reviewer might be doing something else that is occupying his time.

All reviewers are volunteers. They might be doing something else in their lives. They could be on vacation, still reviewing your cache (like closeness to other caches), etc. And, I have heard but not veriified, for first hides from cachers they do hold on a little bit longer, for some reason.

A good thing to do is subscribe or bookmark you local reviewer's blog, if they have one, or check out your local geocaching forum for you local reviewer's posts. Here in Iowa, our IowaAdmin does have a blog where he has said if he is going on vacation, plus he does the same on our local geocaching forum.

Hang in there, if there is anything wrong with your cache, you will know.

does it say "click to disable" somewhere on the page? (is it enabled?)

Perhaps you should leave a reviewer note with your story, tell them why you are hiding a cache with 0 finds and 0 anything on an account that was created days before your hide.

Edited by Bad_CRC

We are brand new to geo-caching and one week ago today assembled, hid and reported our cache - all in accordance with instructions on this site.

The cache page is up but says it has not been reviewed yet. There is no log or email from any "reviewer".

What do we do now ?

A couple of thoughts that might help...

1) When you submit a cache, one thing a reviewer checks is that you live near the cache (so you can maintain it easily)--Since you haven't logged any caches, that may slow your review down a bit until they can contact you...

2) Is your contact email the same as your account email? If not, have you checked that email account for messages? Have you checked your spam folder for messages? Sometimes the reviewer will email you directly instead of leaving a note on the cache page.

If you submitted the cache you should have received an email with the link to the cache page.

You can edit this page.

I don't think your cache will go to the reviewer unless you've checked the box that says the cache is currently in place(hidden). You can check to see whether you checked that box by clicking -edit page.

Sometimes it just takes a while for a review and all you can do is wait.

Edited by Luckless

Hi,

Though I'm not the reviewer for the area, I checked and your cache is in the queue awaiting review. I can tell you though that it is not likely to be published in its current location because its only 92 feet from another cache. The guidelines require at least a .1 mile separation between caches and this includes stages of multi caches.

I'm sure you will be getting a note from your reviewer shortly informing you of this.

Hi,

Though I'm not the reviewer for the area, I checked and your cache is in the queue awaiting review. I can tell you though that it is not likely to be published in its current location because its only 92 feet from another cache. The guidelines require at least a .1 mile separation between caches and this includes stages of multi caches.

I'm sure you will be getting a note from your reviewer shortly informing you of this.

Thank you.

Being new to all of this I hadn't thought to check this and appreciate your advice.

Unless the other Cacher pulls up stakes I'll have re-locate :mad:

Hi,

Thank you.

Being new to all of this I hadn't thought to check this and appreciate your advice.

Unless the other Cacher pulls up stakes I'll have re-locate :mad:

Its best to find all the caches in the area where you are placing your cache. That way you know where they are, especially if there is a puzzle or multi, which might now show up on a the closest search page. Short of finding all the caches, if you place your cache and submit the page, you will see a link in the middle left side of cache page that says "Find...." followed by several choices including "...all nearby caches". Click on that and it will show you if there are any caches nearby.