Travel Bug Idea

Lost Brews

I am wanting to start some new travel bugs. one of which would be call the fred the annoing tourist (or somthing similar). The mission would be to tour around the world and take photos of sight and friends along the way. I would then like to take those photos and a make a scrap book out of it that could be posted for people who are interested to see. i know it is kind of dorky but what else am i going to do during the winter while it is -30 outside with an -10 wind chill on top od that. Let me know your thoughts.

Sounds cool.

I'm thinking about releasing a bug for each continent (except Antarctica) that the goal is to share something about the local culture. Just have to work out the details.

Why not Antarctica? Even if there's no cache there to log the miles (I didn't check to see if there is), maybe your bug could visit & have it's picture taken and posted on the bug's page. The "culture" of an international station where people live in confined quarters in a frozen land that is dark for half of the year must be very unusual. There would be plenty of interesting caches to be logged into between here and there, too.

Sounds cool.

I'm thinking about releasing a bug for each continent (except Antarctica) that the goal is to share something about the local culture. Just have to work out the details.

Why not Antarctica? Even if there's no cache there to log the miles (I didn't check to see if there is), maybe your bug could visit & have it's picture taken and posted on the bug's page. The "culture" of an international station where people live in confined quarters in a frozen land that is dark for half of the year must be very unusual. There would be plenty of interesting caches to be logged into between here and there, too.

huh, only two months for someone to comment about me not releasing a bug in Antartica. Why not? Because it's a frozen wasteland and I don't want to see my bug sitting idle for months on end. If you want to release a bug to read about that culture, be my guest.

;)